Route A: Get to Hoam Faculty House from Incheon International airport (ICN)
- At the airport, take the BUS number “6017”. (It is often called “Limousine Bus 6017”.) If you are from Terminal 1, the bus stop number is “6”. If you are from Terminal 2, it is “27” at the transportation center. (Before taking the bus, buy the ticket at the booth located near the bus stop. As of Sept 2018, it is KRW 15,000.)
- Stay in the bus until it reaches the final destination, which is Hoam Faculty House.
(It may take around 75 min.)
- The lobby is located in the main building. It’s so easy.
For more information,
- To see the route of the bus, go to https://www.airport.kr/ap/en/tpt/busRouteList.do, and type-in the search box with “6017”.
- See the Hoam Faculty House homepage at http://www.hoam.ac.kr/eng/
Route B: Get to the main gate of SNU from Kimpo International airport (KMP)
- At the airport, take the BUS number “6003”. (It is often called “Limousine Bus 6003”.) If you are from International Terminal, the bus stop number is “6”. If you are from Demestic Terminal, it is “4”. (Before taking the bus, buy the ticket at the booth located near the bus stop. As of Sept 2018, it is KRW 4,000.) Be careful not to confuse the direction. Do not take the bus towards Incheon Airport. You should take towards Seoul National University, which is the final destination.
- Stay in the bus until it reaches the final destination. (It may take around 75 min.)
- At the main gate, please get off the bus. The bus will continue its operation going back to the airport.
Tips for Wifi/3G/LTE connections
If you don’t subscribe data roaming from your country and if you want to go around the city of the country, it might be a good idea to rent a device called “EGG” at the airport (ICN or KMP). This is a small portable device which convert LTE/3G to wifi so that your smart phone/labtop can use as if you are under the coverage of wifi AP. Rental fee and data cost is not expensive. We have two major careers; SK Telecomm (T world), or KT (Olleh). Please follow the link below and visit the booth at the airport.
If you will just stay around the campus, you may not need it since you may use “eduroam” and since the Hoam Faculty House and our center provide free wifi of course.
http://www.skroaming.com/modem/modem_rental.asp (the service is called “mifi”, but we often call the device by “egg” since it looks like egg.)
http://roaming.kt.com/rental/eng/product/wibro.asp (the service is called “wifi router”, but we often call the device by “egg” since it looks like egg.)
College of Engineering Welcome Center
For more information about short-term/long-term visiting, the Welcome Center of College of Engineering may be useful.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 18:00
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 16:00
Learn how to read Korean characters in 90 minutes?
Yes, it is possible. Of course, you won’t understand Korean language, but you can read the Korean characters which may be helpful enough for hanging around Seoul reading signs.
An example site for learning is https://www.koreanclass101.com/learn-hangul/ or https://www.90daykorean.com/how-to-learn-the-korean-alphabet/.